Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sacred mornings


I'm basking in a magnificently quiet and slow morning. I love mornings like today. The sun is shining gloriously and the wind is soft and kind. The current temperature is 62 degrees Fahrenheit; yes a perfect fall morning indeed. I’m writing to you from my deck with a cup of coffee. My deck faces a large empty field and life feel tranquil from this view. As I write, I hear church bells tolling from the other side of the field, along with the sweet sound of birds and crickets chirping. What a beautiful and melodious sound as I contemplate a solitary morning. I’m thankful for moments like this. Moments like this feel sacred because I feel peace, I feel content, and I feel connected to my Maker, such an amazing feeling. Sacred mornings like today fill my heart with gratitude, such a beautiful gift. Thankful ... 


A good morning always begins with a strong cup of coffee and a spirit of thankfulness ...

Until next time, 

~Ruthie


Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they find their rest in thee. ~ Saint Augustine