Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fear Not!


I'm learning these days that fear is the polar opposite of faith, faith in holy a God, faith in something bigger than ourselves and certainly faith that is bigger than our problems. And lately I've been pondering what fear might mean to most people. I think it means alot of different things to many different people. If someone is experiencing a personal or a marital crisis or feeling disappointment, or loss or experiencing a serious health issue, fear might represent great concern that things may never get better. Certainly nothing ever stays the same and that scares people too. Things and people and life are always changing or evolving. Fear for many is anxiety about what lies ahead, the unknown. That being said, today's provocative question is: Are you standing in faith or are you living in fear? 


I've mentioned this before in a previous post but it bears repeating because I find this so very interesting. The Bible says "Fear Not" many times over. Not in those exact words but in many different ways. It says it 365 times and 365 is alot if you ask me, such an interesting number. God's word also says that He's always with us and to trust in Him many, many times. I believe it's there for a reason. I believe its because He knew well in advance that we need that kind of encouragement and that we would benefit and be comforted from that kind of reassurance. Encouragement and reassurance help us to carry on in life. 

With intent focus these days, I'm trying as best as I can to live my life fully alive, paying attention to everything and especially to the words I read and hear. I've confessed this before and I'll confess it again: My relationship with God has never been about easy answers. I wish I could tell you that the answers have always been easy. Sometimes they are / were. And believe me, when they're easy, I'm happy and grateful. But truth be told, some answers and some discoveries have been really hard to swallow. But the answers and the discoveries have always been helpful. They help me to grow both spiritually and emotionally and that's always a good thing. It's good because when I know better, I do better. 

God knows all things and see's all things and desires His very best for us and because of that; I know I can trust Him. And that's something I truly desire for all people. Trusting God helps me to stand firm in faith and to fear less. It helps me to live confidently and courageously. Loving God with all my heart hasn't and does not exempt me from fear. I wish it did, but it doesn’t. Fear is sneaky and tricky and if you ask me, I'll be the first to admit that I hate fear with all my heart from head to toe. 

We all experience fear in life at some capacity with varying levels. It enters our lives sometimes knowingly and sometimes it creeps in when we least expect it and when it does, it always robs us of our peace but I'm here to tell you that with prayer and faith, it will always flee. 

Friend: Allow me to encourage you to stand firm prayerfully in faith against your giants because you are not alone. That bears repeating: YOU ARE NOT ALONE. You never have been and you never will be. Stay encouraged dear one and don't believe the negative thoughts that creep into your head, because it isn't so. That kind of stinkin' thinkin' is what keeps most people bonded to fear. If we don't fight against fear and negative thought patterns, it will take over and paralyze us. And that's no life. 

I came so they could have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. ~ Jesus (John 10:10)

The above verse always reminds me to live life to the fullest. To be fully alive is to have a heart for God. I'm learning these days that God isn’t after our compliance. What He's after is our heart because when we have a heart for God, compliance is natural. When our hearts belong to God, we willingly comply with all the things that are good and noble and worthy. To be fully alive is to have a heart that breaks for what breaks God’s heart. It means that we will always experience bittersweet, sometimes together and sometimes separately. Lastly, living fully alive always believes in the redemption of all things. I just love that. Don’t you?

Today I choose to live fully alive standing in faith, living fearlessly and courageously loving God and loving people more, always and forever. Yes, that's what I want to do ... forever. 

Until next time,

~Ruthie

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
~ John 14:27  

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
~ Jeremiah 29:11


A Prayer Against Fear:

Dear Father in Heaven, 

Please lean in and hear my prayer today. My fear has trapped me and its consuming me. I’m tired of living my life under the weight of fear. These above verses reassure me of your presence and confirm that You're able to deliver me from my fears. Please allow me to feel Your love and to feel Your power in my life and through that power, please replace the fear in my life with super natural peace that surpasses all understanding. Your word says that perfect love casts out fear and because You are love, I invite You and ask You to cast out my fear. I thank you for promising me peace, a peace that only You can provide. I receive this peace as I ask You to still my troubled heart and because I choose to believe that You are with me, I don't have to live in fear any longer. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.