Saturday, October 15, 2011

What I've learned in life

  1. I’ve learned that we often teach others what we need to learn ourselves.
  2. I’ve learned that when we encourage others, we often find ourselves encouraged.
  3. I’ve learned that life is not consistent.
  4. I’ve learned that it’s okay to say you're not okay when life is hard or when you’re hurting.
  5. I’ve learned that the single most important ingredient that makes the most difference in life is love.
  6. I’ve learned that I don’t have all the answers. I don’t think we’re suppose to have all the answers anyway.
  7. I’ve learned that sometimes I don’t know what to say and it’s okay to remain silent until I do.
  8. I’ve learned that I’m happiest when I’m helping others adding value to someone.
  9. I’ve learned that I’m a forgiver and I like that about myself.
  10. I’ve learned that it’s taken me a really long time to learn things about myself.

I challenged myself today to come up with a list of ten things I've learned about life or about myself and these were the first ten things that came to mind. I gave myself ten minutes to come up with this list. I think I completed it in five.

What are some of the things you've learned about life or about yourself? If you gave yourself ten minutes today to create a list, what would that list look like?