Thursday, November 24, 2011

Recapping a thankful November

Last year during the month of November, I posted one thing I was thankful for each day on Facebook to shine light on living with gratitude and to encourage gratitude in others. I encouraged other Facebook friends to join me if they felt inspired to.  There was no pressure to participate and to my surprise, many joined me and daily we posted together. It was a wonderful daily exercise and such a delight to read what people were thankful for, big or small. This year, starting with November 1st, I decided to do a repeat and encouraged others to join the gratitude movement. Many did! And for that I’m thankful because choosing gratitude requires intent focus by today’s living standard and the blessing in it is that it causes joy to rise in our spirits. And what the world needs I believe is more joy, don’t you think? The world needs alot of things but it certainly could use more joy. Joy is lovely, intangible, immeasurable and oh so necessary if we want to flourish and thrive.

Below you’ll find a cataloged list of what I posted on Facebook for the month of November through today, Thanksgiving Day. I hope it blesses you and may it inspire you to think about what you're most thankful for today.

As always, thank you for choosing to stop by and for following the posts on Ruthie’s Corner.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

With Gratitude,

xx, Ruthie

11/1/11
Today I'm thankful for will power and discipline and for the deep rooted hope my heart feels today.

11/2/11
Today I'm thankful for Diana my fabulous esthetician who does a fab job in reshaping my eye brows.

11/3/11
Today I'm thankful for the gift of friendship. Looking forward to dinner with a dear friend tonight.

11/4/11
Today I'm thankful for sunshine and for the great people I work with each and everyday. Happy weekend everyone!

11/5/11
Today I'm thankful for sleep and for the little extra hour we're gonna get tonight.

11/6/11
I think rubbing alcohol is brilliant and the easiest way to disinfect my smart phone. I like it w-a-y better than the wipes from Clorox, leaves no streaks. Thankful for new methodology's.

11/7/11
Dear God: Today I'm thankful for you.

11/8/11
Today I'm thankful I found a $20 Starbucks gift card in my wallet. Mmmm ... life and coffee feel oh so good this morning. Happy day everyone!

11/9/11
Today I'm thankful for the amazing leaders, mentors, coaches and unsung heroes in my life, past and present.

11/10/11
Had a fab night tonight. Girlfriend time rocks. Love my new French gifts, our convo, laughs, martinis and our fab pasta dish. What a great Thursday. Thankful.

11/11/11
Dear God: Today I'm thankful for my freedom and for the peace it brings. Thankful for those who served our country in the past and with much gratitude I ask that you pour out special blessings to those who are serving today and tomorrow (future). Bless their families too. So-o thankful for the courageous men and women serving today.

11/12/11
Whoa! I slept like a bear in hibernation. I just woke up (2pm). I knew I was exhausted but had no idea to what extent. Even I'm amazed! Thankful for good sleep. It’s so necessary. Happy Saturday everyone!

11/13/11
Today I'm thankful for God's word and His promises to us. There are many in His word. His word and my relationship with Him are the reasons for my joy and for the hope in my heart.

11/14/11
Today I'm thankful for friendship, prayer and old friends who call you out of the blue who breathe life into your life.

11/15/11
Your light makes me fall in love all over again. Thankful for this new day.

11/16/11
God's greatest blessings often come in unexpected packages. I like that. I like that a lot ... and I'm thankful for that today.

11/17/11
Today I'm thankful for people who just get me. I love and honor and cherish those rich connections.

11/18/11
Today I'm thankful for the people who take the time to share what they've been thankful for on FB. It’s such a pleasure to read those posts because it encourages gratitude for me all over again. Happy day everyone! xoxo

11/19/11
Today I'm thankful for love. Thankful for what it produces, how it attracts and heals, empowers and builds up. Yes, love is good. Thankful.

11/20/11
I attended my first “open” AA meeting in Libertyville this morning to support a friend. And today I'm thankful for his sobriety (3 yrs now), his inspirational story and how moved others were today to hear his story. Alcoholics Anonymous is an outstanding program! ... Thoroughly impressed!

11/21/11
Today I’m grateful for my voice and prayer and for recognizing that prayer and faith activate God’s power in our lives.

11/22/11
Today I'm thankful for answered prayers and for kind people who reach out to me to encourage me to keep writing. Today I received an email that left me crying in gratitude.

11/23/11
Today I’m thankful for a five-day holiday.

11/24/11
Today is Thanksgiving Day and my heart is filled with ridiculous amounts of gratitude, gratitude for big and small things and for people, experiences and for what I’m learning in this season. Today if I had to summarize what I’m thankful for I would say it includes: love, forgiveness, second chances, my health, peace, prayer, family, friendships, grace, hope, strength, courage and faith.  Yes, it’s a lot and I’m thankful for all of it.  Today I’m grateful for a holy God who realizes that I'm fabulously flawed and who chooses to loves me anyway. Just writing that brought tears to my eyes. Today what I have feels like enough, more than enough and for that I’m grateful, grateful for a spirit filled with contentment. It’s no small thing when I consider how I’ve lived most of my life. I think I’m finally growing up. I think I'm finally growing into the person God created me to be and that feels good, real good and for that I’m thankful.

So it is with great gratitude that I wish you a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. Many thanks for reading. 

Until next time,

xx, Ruthie