Monday, March 5, 2012

Don’t Wait for a Funeral to Give a Eulogy

I've been giving this concept alot of thought since I read this article on Michael Hyatt's blog. Michael Hyatt is a respected authority on leadership and his blog is read by thousands each day. He's also the Chairman of Thomas Nelson Publishers. The day I read these words, I learned that Michael Smith actually wrote these words. Michael Smith was the guest blogger on Michael Hyatts blog that day and he wrote about honoring people with our words while they're still alive. What a wonderful concept, I totally agree. Click here to read the post. And if you would like to visit Michael Smith's blog, hover over and click on Michael Smith's name above.

My mother will be celebrating her 70th birthday this month. What a perfect day and birthday to honor her with our words. We're taking her out for dinner on Saturday and then we'll celebrate again on her actual birthday, March 14th. I'm looking forward to celebrating and honoring my mother with words for the extraordinary woman that she is. Happy early birthday Mom. We love you so much!

Happy reading ...

Until next time,

xx, Ruthie

P.S. As a side note, I don't believe we should wait for birthday's to honor someone with our words. We should honor the people that mean the most to us every chance we get with words and deeds. I need to practice this more in my life, for sure. What a wonderful reminder ...

Speak up. Celebrate the people around you. It's the right thing to do.
~ Michael Smith