Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Little Things ...

It’s always the little things, and sometimes the very ordinary things in life that can make a person happy. This was a short work week for me. I only worked three days this week but it was three intense work days and by the end of my day yesterday, I was super exhausted and felt like I had contributed 40 work hours in three days. I slept well and hard last night and was incredibly thankful for 9 hours of sleep. That never happens during the week, ever! I’m the kind of gal who works so she can play. I love my down time and I love my play time and weekends are perfect for play and for doing things you love, that help you feel alive and help you decompress. I try to squeeze a little bit of play during the week as well but I play way more on the weekends, that's for sure.

There was nothing extraordinary about today but today I felt super happy and super thankful.

Things that made me happy today:

  1. a slow morning
  2. my first cup of coffee, always delicous, always sacred almost
  3. spending the entire afternoon at the pool
  4. sunshine
  5. a great book
  6. my nano (great music)
  7. meeting new people
  8. great conversations
  9. laughing
  10. ending my afternoon with a great workout that wore me out!
Even my trainers (gym shoes) look exhausted! LOL!  Life feels good today. Thankful.