Monday, October 1, 2012

October is all about PINK

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It's almost hard to miss if you're a shopper or love watching television or football, not that I follow football but I've seen all the pink the players wear during the month of October because my friends and family ALWAYS point it out to me every year. And you know what? It makes my heart really glad that they do. 

I think men who wear pink are brave and confident and I personally think they all look great in a pink shirt. I'm noticing more and more men wearing pink through the years, even when it's not October and it always makes me think: Now there goes a man who is comfortable in his own skin. I like that kind of confidence. 

So yes, October is all about the PINK. 

And on that note, may I encourage you this month to think pink? To buy pink? To wear pink? You know, there really is strength in numbers and together we can make a difference

We can all make a difference through purchasing something "pink" or we can make a small or large donation to the American Cancer Society or any organization that is doing something to fight the good fight against breast cancer. 

I just celebrated my 45th birthday last week Monday and this fall marks my third year being cancer-free. Yes, I'm a breast cancer survivor. I don't usually get super emotional about my birthday but this year, I found myself crying that deep ugly cry the Sunday before my 45th birthday. I sobbed in deep gratitude for being alive and for God's goodness in my life. 

My life is far from perfect and lately I've been healing from a back injury but I'm still grateful because I see God's goodness and so much beauty everywhere. I think when you look for it, you see it, and you can appreciate it. And for that, I'm thankful. 

Until next time, I hope you'll buy something pink, wear a little pink, and or make a small donation to a charity that is doing something to fight this nasty, nefarious beast. 

Until there is a cure, God bless and as always, many thanks for stopping by.

xx, Ruthie