Monday, July 30, 2012

Trust


Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6

Worry. We can spend a lot of time doing exactly that. And yet Jesus Himself pointed out the futility of this misspent energy. He asked, "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Instead the author of Proverbs gives us a better option. He suggests that we "Trust in the Lord with all our heart." This is more than a mental assent. It is a heartfelt commitment to put all our fears and worries in His hand. We put it to rest. Then the author says not to depend on our own understanding. This is easier said than done. We want to depend on our own thinking, our own logic, but God is saying, "Trust me, let go." Finally we are told to seek God's will and He will show us which path to take. Today, when you are tempted to worry, fear starts to take over your emotions, stop and trust God. Let go of your own thinking and seek His will. He promises He will get you through. ~Ron Ovitt

TODAY'S PRAYER:

Father, I am so prone to worry and fear. Today, I will trust in you. I will forsake my own understanding and seek your will. Direct my path I pray. In Jesus’ name. ~ Amen.