Friday, August 10, 2012

If we had coffee today I’d tell you: You don’t have to be perfect.


Do you ever feel pressured to be perfect? If you’re anything like me, you are NOT alone. I have suffered from that disease for most of my life. And as a truth-telling writer, I must confess that perfectionism rears its ugly head from time to time. In fact, many people feel the need to be perfect from time to time or regularly and for many who are recovering perfectionists, it’s still a daily struggle. 

I’ve learned that the need to be perfect is a burden we were NEVER meant to carry. The need to be perfect robs us of our joy and it robs us of our freedom. 

True perfection isn’t about being flawless–it’s about growth and completion

Beloved: You can trade the lie that you have to be perfect for the truth that God ONLY asks you to keep growing with Him.  

So keep growing my darlings. 

Signed, 

Perfectly imperfect

p.s. Pirfektionizm kills. Don’t let it kill you ...