Thursday, September 15, 2011

Forget it!

Forgetting is something that your will chooses to do. It's a choice YOU make in life. But choosing to forget something doesn't mean that you are denying that it ever happened or that it wasn't important. It's just simply saying that I won't look to my past to dictate my future, but I will keep moving forward and won't let "this thing" change the atmosphere of my life, BUT I WILL change the atmosphere and become all that God has created me to be.

Don't let the hurt and pain from someone else's actions take up any more room in your mind and heart. Instead, fill that space with the hope and promises from God. Remember, no man can keep you from your final destination. God will always get you there right on time. His intention is to always bring increase in your life.

Certainly learn from your past so you know how to make powerful new choices for your next season, but don't live in the past.

You see, forgetting is closely linked with forgiving because many times we say to ourselves, "I can and will forgive, but I will never forget". But honestly why are we sooo intent on remembering things that will just keep us in that place? When we keep playing over in our minds and heart the hurtful words, actions, rejection, failures and pain it just keeps us from true restoration and healing that God wants to bring fully to our lives. He longs for us to be free to live abundant lives, full of peaceful fun adventures.

Look at it this way, if you still feel like you fight the need to forget something fully, then maybe God is still wanting you to learn something through it. Your freedom awaits you today!

Written by: Tammy Trent