Sunday, March 24, 2013

Homemade Pizza

I did it! I made homemade pizza today. And yes, it's the first time I have ever made homemade pizza and no it will not be the last because it was so delish!

Pizza is the perfect comfort food for those who love pizza during a cold Sunday afternoon when it's officially Spring but feels wintery. It's 2pm and the snow they predicted would arrive today hasn't arrived, so hurrah! 

I used a 7 inch italian herb crust by Rustic Crust and bought their old world pizza sauce and used hormone-free shredded mozzarella from Andrew & Everett, slices of organic roma tomatoes, fresh organic basil and sprinkled some feta cheese at the end after it came out of the oven. 

Oh! I also sprinkled oregano and a few red pepper flakes before I baked the pizza. Next time, I'll use Italian seasoning, instead of just oregano. I baked it for 10 minutes on a pizza stone at 425 degrees and then baked it for an additional three minutes without the stone because I super love a crusty crust. Who doesn't? 

Buen Provecho!

Until next time, 

xx, Ruthie