Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Today's Prayer

Dear God,

If I never receive another gift in my life, I'm pretty sure that would be okay because the gift You offered me, that You offer us, to humanity is more than enough. And it's more than we deserve, for sure. Oh that You know us and love us so deeply and unconditionally is more than my mind can comprehend. It's amazing, extraordinary and lavish. Thank You for sending us Jesus. Thank You for the gift of salvation and eternity and peace and love and joy. My gosh ... it's so sweet! ... so wonderful!

I'm so thankful today. Thankful because of your goodness and blessings on our lives.

My cup runneth over when I think about Your love, Your grace, Your goodness and Your mercy.

Thank you for the gift of a beautiful eternal life with You. I receive it.

And Lord, I want to mention a few more things today before I close this prayer. I realize that this is an especially difficult season for many people in our world. I've seen it in many faces this season. You know who they are Father God. You know their hearts and you know their circumstances intimately. I want to lift up these precious people in prayer today.

There are so many people today who are desperate for peace, desperate for love, desperate for You. They are desperate for You and they don't even know that it's You that they need.

Oh  ... if only they knew that peace that surpasses human understanding is only found in You through a relationship with Jesus.

Oh if only they knew that unconditional love is from You, that you love us unconditionally, no matter what.

Oh if only they knew that You are the only One who can heal all the broken places in their lives.

Oh if only they knew that You are a great restorer and will restore and mend the broken relationships in their lives.

Oh if only they knew you will heal their loneliness.

Oh if only they knew that confidence, boldness and courage is birthed through a relationship with You. You are that and so much more.

Lord, please reveal Yourself to every person who is hurting, who is desperate for peace, desperate for love, desperate to feel whole, desperate for connection, desperate for community, desperate for joy and desperate for healing.

Restore and increase their hope. Heal them, restore them, show them, guide them, equip them, empower them, comfort them, and help them feel Your love. Help them feel Your power and Your presence.

Deliver them from fear and reveal to them what Your words says in 2 Timothy 1:7. It says that You have not given us a spirit of fear and timidity but of power and love and self discipline.

Father God, help them understand that You will patiently wait for them to accept the gift of love, the gift of salvation, the desire to enter into a relationship with Your Son, Jesus.

Father God, through the power of the Holy Spirit, reveal Yourself to each of these people in a fresh new way and share with them that the best is yet to come because it really is!

Put the right people in their lives in their path.

Place the right desires in their hearts.

Open the right doors of opportunities and bless them in their coming and their going as they seek You to understand more and to learn more about your goodness.

Pour out Your grace, Your mercy and Your favor on them, Father God.

Father God, help them understand that when they follow Your ways of doing things, they will find real rest and real peace.

Help them understand that when they plant the seed of Your Word into their hearts and into their lives they will find rest and assurance that Your Word can not and will not fail.

I love what Psalm 16:11 has to say because this is what I desire for each of these people.

Show them the way of life, grant them joy in Your presence and pleasures of living with You forever. ~Psalm 16:11

Thank You in advance for what You're about to do in their lives. I'm believing with faith, that Your power and Your love will be manifested in each of their lives and that great things will begin to unfold now and in the coming new year and the years ahead. I pray these things in the beautiful and powerful name of my Messiah, Jesus, the name above all names. For He is the Prince of peace, our wonderful Counselor and His name is Immanuel which means God with us.

I'm so thankful that You are always with us God, whether we feel You or not.

~Amen

For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. ~Jeremiah 29:11