Friday, September 7, 2012

As I wait upon the LORD

This afternoon as I was washing my dishes from lunch, I found myself quietly singing in my head the lyrics you will see listed below. It wasn’t audible singing but the kind of singing you do in your head and with your heart and with your spirit. 

You might be familiar with the song and the lyrics I was singing if you listen to Christian music. It’s a popular one.

When I realized that my spirit was singing this song, my heart and face began to smile. I was smiling because I NEVER sing this song on my own, like EVER. I only ever sing it at church. When I realized what I was singing through this song, I stopped what I was doing, looked up as if I could see God (wish I could) and whispered: "Thank you." I thanked Him for putting that song on my heart and for encouraging me in such a beautiful and unexpected way. I seriously never sing that song in my head or out loud on my own and that's how I know this was God's way of encouraging me. I believe this was His way of saying: "Sweetheart, if you continue to wait, I will continue to strengthen you."

That moment, this song, this reality signifies and seals that my hope really is placed in God's hands because this is the kind of song that your spirit will sing only when you are fully trusting and believing God. And I do believe Him and trust Him with all my heart. 

God knows that I'm in a season of waiting, and I think, .... no I take that back, I believe He deposited that song in me and on my heart to remind me that as I wait on Him, He will strengthen me because I'm trusting Him. Isn't that beautiful???  That is so-o God and so cool!

What a gift to recognize this blessing and what a gift to experience this today. I was so over joyed by this experience that I couldn't keep it to myself. I just knew that I wanted to share it with you, my readers.  

The lyrics to the song I was singing in my head and in my spirit are as follows. These lyrics are inspired by Isaiah 40:28-31.

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

Isaiah 40:28-31 says:

Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.
Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Until next time, may God bless you and strengthen as you place your trust in Him.  

xx, Ruthie