1. I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.
- I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.
- I would have talked less and listened more.
- I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.
- I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.
- I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.
- I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.
- I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.
- I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.
- I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.
- I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.
- Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle..
- When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, 'Later... Now go get washed up for dinner.' There would have been more 'I love you's, more 'I'm sorry's.'
- But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute; look at it and really see it; live it and never give it back.
The above words were written by Erma Bombeck after learning she had terminal cancer. May these words serve as a reminder that tomorrow is never promised and to enjoy every delicious minute we have today because to be alive is a gift. Too often we find ourselves fretting over things we shouldn’t. Let’s remember that God is in control of all things and let’s try to live life to the fullest relishing His blessings and resting in Him when life gets a little difficult. Let’s say I love you as much as possible and really love the people in our lives and let’s stop fighting and wounding each other. We were created by love, with love, for love, and to love. So let’s live and love to the fullest.
Is there someone you need to say I love you to?
Is there someone you need to forgive?
Is there someone you need to apologize to?
Let’s seize the day.
Let’s chose love.
Let’s choose forgiveness because it honors God and because it promotes peace.
Blessings to you and yours …
Until next time,