Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Baby Love




OMG ... Isn't this a breath-taking photo? Does it melt your heart like it does mine? Does it make you sigh in awe and want to have a baby? I couldn't resist sharing this beautiful photo with you. It's too beautiful not to share. I can't imagine anyone not loving this photo. It's just so, so beautiful.

I found this picture on Pinterest the other day and fell in love immediately. It captured my heart and commanded my attention when I first saw it and it still does every time I look at it. I can not tell a lie, this photo does something to me on the inside. It makes me feel warm and soft inside and taps into that nurturing side of me that craves to hold and cuddle and love a baby or two or three. Looking at this picture taps into that part of me that thinks I would love to have another baby or two but sadly I can't anymore so instead, I will look and admire and thank God for creating such beauty and for already blessing me with the gift of motherhood.

I get my baby fix these days by holding and loving my friends' babies and their grand children. I do this because I super love babies and love pondering how we are created. We were created by love [because God is love], with love and for love by a perfect and holy God who loves us unconditionally. We have the capacity to love because He first loved us is what the Bible tells us. So true. So true. Every good thing comes from God because as the Bible states, God is good.

I don't know these babies but I think I love them for their sheer beauty and because these babies were created by a holy God. And if I can fall in love with babies I have never met, I can only imagine how much God loves them, and how much He loves us. Sometimes when I think about His radical and unconditional love for us, it's too grand to comprehend. Nobody could ever love us like He loves us. That kind of love is full of grace and compassion and mercy. And nothing we could ever do could ever separate us from His love. That's a promise and it's written in the book of Romans.

What I know for sure is that God is BIG, so BIG and full of goodness and amazing grace who's mercies are new every single day. He's an amazing Artist and an amazing Creator who is mad about us. He loves us so-o much! That's what I know for sure.

Until next time,

xx, Ruthie