Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Starbucks Story

I drove to Starbucks this morning to purchase a cup of coffee because I was fresh out and because I forgot to stop at the grocery store last night to buy coffee during my drive home from the office. Silly me. How could I forget such a thing? I was in the drive-thru lane when I placed my order and when I approached the window to pay, the woman said to me, “It’s on us today” with a big smile. I’m sure my face made that crazy little expression it makes when I’m confused. I proceeded to ask her why it was free today. She said, “It’s free today because we made you wait too long.” I responded, “But I wasn't even waiting that long.” I asked, “Are you sure?” And with a big beautiful smile she said, “Yep, I’m sure.” And then she wished me a happy day. 

Whoa ... what a blessing. 

You know, that simple act of kindness meant so much to me today and I'm thankful.

Sometimes in life, it’s the littlest things that bring us so much joy. This simple act of kindness has set the tone for my day and it reminds me why I enjoy blessing others so much through random acts of kindness. Perhaps today was my day to reap a little harvest. Thank You God, for Your goodness and for Your blessings in my life. You never seize to amaze me.

One other thought that came to me today as I pondered what took place is that good things come to those who wait. Sometimes we don't understand alot of things when we are in a season of waiting but God knows best and He always provides the best and He always takes care of our needs. And He always shows up right on time, just in time. I think what happened to me today had more meaning than I originally thought. I'm even more thankful for this revelation. 

Happy Saturday everyone!

Until next time, 

xx, Ruthie