Friday, December 21, 2012

I love Christmas!

Below you'll find some pics I took around our home. It was so fun taking these photos.  I've always loved Christmas. It's one of my favorite holidays. I love Christmas for so many reasons. First and most importantly because we celebrate the birth of our risen Savior, no small thing. 

I also love Christmas because as a giver, I super love giving to those I love during the holiday season. I loved purchasing every single gift this year and thought and still think about the happiness it will bring to the recipient. Oh joy! This season, I tried to buy as many gifts as possible in late October and early November so I would have more time during late November and the entire month of December loving and serving those I love. 

I love decorating the house and playing Christmas music and watching my all time favorite Christmas movie: "It's a Wonderful Life." I watched it once already shortly after Thanksgiving but I'm going to carve out some time this weekend to watch it again. It's a feel good movie with a beautiful message about gratitude, a movie for the entire family, a real cinematic gem. As a woman who practices gratitude daily, its no wonder I love this movie so much. 

I love reading the Christmas story in the Bible and love going to Willow Creek's Christmas service because it's always so beautiful. There is still so much to do before Christmas. I still have a few gifts to purchase and tons of wrapping to do yet. And tonight, I'm hunkering down with a glass of wine and some Christmas music to write a few notes in my Christmas cards. My cards might arrive late, but that's okay because the goal is love and not perfection. I want the recipients to know that I was thinking of them at Christmas. 

As busy as December has been, I honored my goal to carve out quiet time daily to spend time with God, praying, listening, learning, and reading His word. It's blessed me richly and has prepared my heart to celebrate the real meaning of Christmas. 

From Ruthie's Corner of the world, to yours, I'm wishing each and every one of you God's peace and His joy always and especially during this beautiful season. Happy birthday Jesus!

Happy Christmas to all!

Until next time, 

Ruthie