Friday, December 28, 2012

A letter from the King

My dearest warrior,

I know many days you feel like a weary warrior, too tired to keep going.  I see you when you have exhausted your faith and feel like you've lost your passion for My people. Beloved, today I want to paint an eternal picture for you. Every act of kindness you share will water someone’s thirsty soul. Every time you pray for someone, you are changing their destiny from darkness to light. You are more than just light in darkness. Your faith will continue to be a raging fire that will burn in the hearts of many generations who follow your wonderful works on earth.

Love,

Your eternal King

I found this letter on the internet last tonight, actually on Pinterest. Isn't it beautiful? I thought this was beautifully written and it blessed me for sure.  I hope it encourages you too. It reminds me of what God's Word says in Galatians 6:9. It says, "Let us not grow weary in doing good for at just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessings if we don't give up." And Thessalonians 3:13 says, " Never grow tired in doing good." 

The part that spoke to me the most is when the author wrote that every time we pray for someone, we are changing their destiny from darkness to light. Wow ... isn't that amazing? It's actually quite powerful. I super loved reading that tonight because just this morning, I was praying for someone that is so far from God. I've only known this person for a couple of years. This person probably has no clue that I pray for them and that I've been praying for them for over 24 months. I wondered why this individual randomly popped into my head this morning as I was preparing to leave my home. When those moments occur, I use that as an opportunity to lift the person up in prayer. Prayer is powerful and it's always one of the best gifts you can offer a friend, anyone for that matter. 

My prayer life is never just about fixed times set aside to be with God, rather it's an ongoing conversation, a dialogue that I have with God all through out my day. And yes, of course I pause in the morning to pray and also in the evening but mostly I pray quietly, internally all day long as I go about my day. In those moments, I thank Him, I say I love You, I say help me, and I lift others up in prayer as they come to my mind or cross my path.  

Fellow warriors, don't grow weary in doing good. What you do and what you say matters and it makes a difference. 

Until next time ... keep on keeping on. Keep praying. God sees it all and it pleases Him. 

xx, Ruthie