Sunday, March 4, 2012

Priority One

So take diligent heed to yourselves to love the LORD your God.             ~ Joshua 23:11 (NASB)

Love me. That’s what I want. Joshua understood this. That’s why, when he gave his farewell speech, he reminded my people to be diligent about loving me.

That seems like an odd juxtaposition of words, doesn’t it?  But I know human nature, and how loving me can sometimes fall to the wayside. How even my own sons and daughters can take my blessings for granted.

I don’t want you to do that, my child. Take heed to love me. Remember to love me. When I am your top priority, everything else in your life will fall into place. When you love me, your mind will be focused on what really matters.

You are always at the forefront of my mind. Let me be at the forefront of yours.

Love,

God

Prayer:

Lord, I love you. Always. Forever. Help me to be diligent in loving you.

Excerpt from Heaven Calling. A devotional book written to help readers hear God’s voice every day of the year. I’m not sure who wrote these words as the book was written by a team of 14 contributors. But it’s lovely, isn’t it? I hope it blesses you.

Until next time, happy Sunday!

xx, Ruthie